Home of The Small Art Company and a bit of British all sorts about my family, kids, home, art, mixed media, craft, photography, illustration, travel, cooking, organisation, teaching... Good to see you:)

Friday, February 24, 2012

Sweet and Sour Pork

I've got two sweet and sour recipes to share with you. The first is a bit of a concoction of things we had in the fridge and cupboard. We were a meal short the other week due to a dinner cancellation at my mum and dad's. Can't believe this was because of the snow; it's so mild and sunny today!

Anyway, luckily I had some pork medallions in the freezer. I generally always have rice and we had a few veggies left, so this is what I came up with...


For the pork:
Drizzle a little soy sauce over the pork and grill until cooked.While this is cooking...


For the sauce:
6 tablespoons white rice vinegar
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
2 tablespoons tomato sauce

(This was enough for 2 adults and 2 small children)

Heat ingredients in a pan. I added a little toasted sesame oil too. 

Serve with:
Rice
Carrots, broccoli, celery, peas and sweetcorn. These are just things I could find! You can add anything of course, but these were surprisingly yummy!

I'm making another sweet and sour recipe next week, so I'll post that too, as long as it turns out OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!