Home of The Small Art Company and a bit of British all sorts about my family, kids, home, art, mixed media, craft, photography, illustration, travel, cooking, organisation, teaching... Good to see you:)

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Colour swatches for the big redecoration

Making colour swatches is something I've been wanting to do for ages but never had the reason to until now. We've decided to abandon plans to move house (again) and completely redecorate instead. I can't believe we've been in this house for nearly ten years. The kids' rooms were decorated before they were born, so it's really about time we made them into proper children's bedrooms!

I just took a couple of quick photos of Little W's curtains and bunting. She's happy to go along with my pale pink, pale green and white theme, as long as she can have some fairies too. I know these curtains don't have pink in them, but I really like them. We can use the green anyway.




Big W wants light blue with footballs. I found some other ideas on Pinterest (any excuse to have a browse!) and he quite likes the idea of having one light blue wall and one navy (or I'm guessing two of each!).

Anyway, I'll certainly be doing more colour swatches, with better photos. I think I need to take them in better light to get the true colours, but I just wanted to have a go and see what happened. I simply used the eyedropper tool in Photoshop to pick some of the colours I liked best. I did make proper swatches in Photoshop as well, but didn't really see the benefit of the extra effort to be honest.

I'll make sure to take before and after shots. If anyone wants to share their redecoration pics I'd love to see:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!