Home of The Small Art Company and a bit of British all sorts about my family, kids, home, art, mixed media, craft, photography, illustration, travel, cooking, organisation, teaching... Good to see you:)

Friday, October 22, 2010

Philosophical Ramblings about Time

I’ve always been fascinated with time. I know that’s a slightly odd fascination to admit to, but I can’t help it! When I watch something like the X-Factor I’m always working out how old I was when the contestants were born or thinking, “Wow, they didn’t even exist when Take That had their 1st number 1” or something!

On Saturday it was mine and Mr W’s 15-year anniversary (not wedding anniversary, just ‘being together’ anniversary) and the following day was Little W’s 3rd birthday. So my thought process went something like this... It feels like yesterday when we first met, but in the same amount of time prior to us meeting I was the same age our son will be tomorrow and those 15 years seemed like a lifetime! How weird it is that time goes so so much quicker the older you get.

Anyway, I’m constantly working things out - dates and how old I was when... and then looking at famous people and thinking they wouldn’t even remember such and such an event. Not sure why I’m so obsessed with this!

I’m also really good at guessing the time. For instance, if I wake up in the middle of the night, I’ll guess the exact time within a minute or two. And often during the day I can get it spot on! I know, I’m a genius.

As blog posts are so much more interesting with pics, I’m going to show you one of Elibee’s wonderful CD clocks:





3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting a pic of one of my clocks.I am glad you like them.Elisa.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on guessing the time...we have a skill! Oh...and how time flys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Elisa; it's a lovely clock! That's interesting Sugarplum. It's a strange gift we have!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!