Home of The Small Art Company and a bit of British all sorts about my family, kids, home, art, mixed media, craft, photography, illustration, travel, cooking, organisation, teaching... Good to see you:)

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Time Flies

I am trying to work out how it's been nearly 2 months since my last post. I was going to apologise for not posting anything for a month, then I discover it's actually been two... How time goes this quickly I have no idea! Anyway, a few pics of what I've been up to then...

This is Little W on the pier at Southend. Obviously fascinated by the cracks and the water beneath!







For those not familiar with British seaside places, Southend has the longest pleasure pier in the world. The original pier I think was built in about 1830. It now goes out for nearly a mile and a half. Thankfully, there's a train to take you to the end or back again if you don't think you can make it!


Other happenings:

  • I'm expecting baby number two! It's due in April, on my parents' wedding anniversary, which is lovely, although the chances of baby arriving on time are probably fairly slim.

  • The porch and front garden are pretty much finished, at last.
  • I've been making some progress on my crafty bits. I've nearly finished making a Christmas house out of polymer clay. You know the sort, they sell them in gift catalogues and look very festive and traditional, but are a little on the expensive side. So I thought I'd have a go at making one myself.
  • The Fimo fairies and elves are coming along. They just need heads at the moment. I'm planning to use them to make an enchanted wood scene which I can photograph. We'll see how it turns out. It's a bit of an experiment, but something I've wanted to do for about 15 years!
  • Other clay stuff I'm making are magnets. I'm using the millefiori canes I've already made and I want to make some Christmas ones too.

  • Then there's the Folksy Christmas ornament swap I need to get thinking about (organised by Lisa of NoodleBubble), plus sending in some bits for the UK Handmade sample box.

Phew! That's enough for me to be getting on with I think! I'm off to read everybody's posts now. It's been far too long.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on baby number two! Looking forward to seeing pics of the clay house! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thank you! I finished the house last night so I'll try and get a pic on here in the next few days. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww lovely news - Congratulations on baby number two!! April is a lovely time of year for a new baby, My Tess arrived on 12th April 1998, which also happened to be Easter Sunday too. Keep us posted won't you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I know so many people with April birthdays. It's going to be an even busier month now! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments!